The telecom industry is currently undergoing an architectural change with the introduction of Network Function Virtualization and the service-based 5G architecture. Telecom operators can secure their long-term competitiveness through a stringent customer focus, which is reflected in a robust data center architecture.
This includes consolidating distributed data from disparate systems through a unified data model and advanced data center architectures to:
- Provide access to mission critical data in real-time centrally
- Distribute data fault-tolerant and efficiently, avoiding inconsistent data
- Increase state resilience, thereby minimizing service outages and avoiding traffic storms
Subscriber Data Management
Due to the changed consumer behavior, it is even more important to implement a subscriber-centered data architecture.
Many companies store subscriber data redundantly in different systems from different manufacturers. Subscriber Data Management provides a consolidated view of subscriber data so network operators can more quickly introduce new, customer-relevant services and applications to the marketplace. In essence, subscriber-centric data architectures can be implemented with directories (e.g., one-NDS) or relational databases (e.g., Oracle or MySQL). The most efficient way to consolidate subscriber data is through repositories / directories.
Moreover, telecom companies are seeing an unprecedented rise in volume and variety of data. To gain insights and make the right investment decision, telecom operators need to address the big data challenge consolidating data distributed across systems in a disparate IT infrastructure. SilverEngine helps their clients design and implement projects aimed at resolving the big data challenge.
Our approach - sustainable & proven
To effectively implement a subscriber-centric data center solution, the current IT landscape including the corresponding data structure and data flow across the systems is analyzed.
Based on this thorough analysis, the target data center architecture can be defined and possible migration scenarios can be evaluated. A detailed implementation plan will be developed and mutually agreed with the customer to ensure a smooth transition to a subscriber-centric data center architecture.
During the implementation phase, SilverEngine also supports its customers and the change process.
Analyze current architecture (applications and databases), data structure, data flow and redundancies as well as evaluate and prioritize uses case
To-be data center architecture
Define a robust, scalable and integrated data center architecture
Design of transformation
Evaluate different approaches for transformation and migration as well as develop a staged implementation plan
Migrate subscriber data using state-of-the-art tools as well as lead and provide technical support
Improved customer service and thus, better customer experience
Higher speed-to-market of new services and applications
Increased customer loyalty
Improved performance an scalability as well as reduced OPEX
Our expert consultants combine expertise in state-of-the-art network technologies with long-standing experience as practitioner in the implementation of a subscriber-centric data center architecture. We have been working at the forefront of subscriber-centric data center architectures and were one of the first to successfully implement the concept of One-NDS.
Comprehensive IT knowledge
- Knowledge of telecommunication protocols, TCP / IP protocols, application protocols
- Security-related knowledge
- Know-how related to virtualization technology
- Database knowledge (e.g. directories, SQL, noSQL)
Longstanding practical experience
- Substantial experience in design and implementation of solutions for central subscriber data management
- Extensive experience in implementing highly distributed and scalable data center architectures
- Successful implementation of "big data" projects using Hadoop, Hbase, Hive or Storm
- Analysis of system architectures and enterprise modeling
- Management of software development projects
- Experience in applying different methods for software development (e.g. Scrum, V-model, X-treme programming, agile methods)
More information please find under One-NDS Services