SilverEngine is a technology consultancy providing services focused on technical infrastructure and networks of telecom operators.
We help our clients improve performance and reliability of complex and mission critical networks. Beyond technical infrastructures, we provide advice to our clients how to design and implement subscriber-centric data center architectures. Our solutions are tailor-made and developed in close cooperation with our clients.
SilverEngine combines comprehensive industry knowledge with unique technology know-how offering advice, services to develop and implement technological solutions as well as best-of-breed tools and techniques.
- Tools for efficient data migration
- Applications to analyze network traffic
- Modules and add-ons for software applications used within telecom networks
- utilities for network control of EWSD and One-NDS
Development & implementation
- Analysis and simulation of network traffic
- Analysis of data structures, applications and data flows
- Integration and verification of databases and other legacy systems
- Develop testing strategy and testing concepts
- Scalable architectures for „next-generation networks“
- Central subscriber data management
- Concepts to integrate and phase out legacy systems
- Transformation and migration planning
- Technical lead and management of transformation programs
Our clients operate in fast changing markets. Therefore, we believe it is important to have a reliable and competent technology partner by their side. The sustainable success of our clients is our goal. We conduct our business consistently we our values.
SilverEngine is committed to the protection of our environment and nature and, in particular, through the developed consolidation procedures for TDM networks, ensures the savings of electricity. SilverEngine is generally committed to the careful and economical handling of resources.
- SilverEngine is an ICT company, focused on consulting, services and products for mission critical, highly complex, multi-generation databases and networks.
- We create a company, which shall be a long-term sustainably growing and profitable brand and business.
- Our offerings shall make the difference for our customers in terms of top quality, creativity and reliability.
- We are committed to work as a team and create a working culture, which is built on values, trust, entrepreneurial spirit and respect for colleagues and customers. We follow authority not formal hierarchy. We want our work to be fulfilling, every day.
- We only focus on businesses where we have highest competitive competencies and provide substantial value.
- We want to attract the best-qualified and experienced people to join our project, regardless of age and personal attributes. In particular, we are open for seasoned and brilliant colleagues who like to work in a lean and self-determined environment.
- To master complexity and cost, we combine deployed with latest innovative technologies for simplified and efficient solutions.
- We are open, i.e. we promote openness and transparency, and support the open source philosophy in telecommunications through our own open source / free source projects (for example, on GitHub) as well as in our own products and have always been committed to open standards. We consider this openness to be a necessary prerequisite for innovation in the telecommunications industry, and as a result, of course, we are very open to technical partnerships.
Our Executive team
(Managing Director and Founder)
- More than 30 years of R&D in the telecommunication industry, senior leader level
- Multiple international assignments and senior level experience in managing international teams
- Specialized on data storage/ databases & repositories in mission critical environments
- Master degree in Mathematics
Dr. Rolv Bottheim
(Managing Director and Founder)
- More than 30 years of international R&D management responsibilities in telecommunication industry
- Broad, senior level experience of managing multinational teams
- Special focus on systems- and network architecture evolution
- PhD in Engineering
(Managing Director and Shareholder)
- More than 18 years of experience in managing, leading and supporting research and development projects in the telecommunications industry
- Extensive experience in leading international teams
- My passion is working together to develop products and solutions that create delightful customer experiences and simplify operational complexity
- Master Degree in Informatics (MSc.)
Our core team
Bregler, Michael: EWSD, in particular EWSD consolidation, software upgrade, EWSD configuration, development of EWSD migration procedures, putting EWSD into operation
Diener, Heiko: EWSD, in particular EWSD consolidation, EWSD configuration, putting EWSD into operation, #7-networks; One-NDS/NetAct: Fault management, trouble shooting, configuration management, performance management, user administration, alarm handling, system administration
Haertel, Wolfgang: EWSD, in particular EWSD consolidation, software upgrade, EWSD configuration, development of EWSD procedures
Kemper, Alfons: Telecommunication networks, project management, subscriber-data-management, development processes
Dr. Lautenschlaeger, Hans: EWSD, EWSD consolidation, private branch exchanges, subscriber data and routing data, subscriber-related profile data
Peschel, Jens: EWSD, EWSD consolidation, VoIP, softswitch, development of PConE toolset, Development of One-NDS/SDM-Tools
Schmidt, Kai-Uwe: EWSD, EWSD consolidation, EWSD related operating systems (NetM), IT (e.g. Windows, Linux), development of PConE toolset, Development of One-NDS/SDM-Tools
Schroeder, Franz: EWSD, EWSD consolidation and maintenance, softswitch
Sigleur, Uwe: EWSD, EWSD consolidation, VoIP, softswitch, development of PConE toolset, development of One-NDS/SDM-Tools
Dr. Stademann, Rainer: Fixed and mobile networking, Ethernet and IP networking, 5G, IEEE-, IETF-, 3GPP standards, IPTV, cloud technologies, Linux and Linux-based networking, virtualization , traffic theory, statistics, distributed and complex systems, mathematical and physical modelling, optimization, simulation, C++, Python, Scala, Akka, reactive programming
Volpers, Helmut: Telecomunication networks in particular IMS based network architectures, subscriber-data-management, directories in particular One-NDS, distributed architectures, LDAP, X 500, HLR, HSS
Wolan, Matthias: EWSD, EWSD consolidation and configuration, VoIP, softswitch, development of PConE toolset, Development of One-NDS/SDM tools
Dr. Zeidler, Manfred: Telecommunication networks, particular IMS based net architectures, subscriber data management, databases and directories, particular One-NDS, quality assurance, robust and highly available systems, E2E/system and performance test, test management, ISTQB certified
Our partners & freelancer
Gersing, Peter: IMS-based architectures, SDM, LTE services, network convergence, VoLTE, software development, agile process management
Dr. Goeldner, Ernst: Telecom networks, SDN, EWSD, development processes, SDM
Gutting, Thomas: Telecommunication networks, Test-Automation and automated regression tests especially for HLR/ HSS and MSS.
Grusemann, Hartmut: Mobile telecom networks (radio, LTE, core networks, SDM, HLR, HSS)
Krell, Reiner: Telecommunication networks, Subscriber-Data-Management, especially One-NDS, Provisioning & Administration, (Test-) Automation, distributed architectures, System-Verification.
Mohr, Günther: Telecommunication networks, subscriber-data-management, directories in particular One-NDS, distributed architectures, system-verification and -test
Dr. Schmerbeck, Friedrich: Intelligent networks, project management, SDM, process-related consulting
Schmidbauer, Alfred: Consulting services related to portfolios, processes and outsourcing, management systems
Sipos, Norbert: Telecommunication networks, subscriber-data-management, One-NDS expert, HLR & HSS expert, system-upgrade, - verification and -test.
Springer, Udo: Telecommunication networks, subscriber-Data-Management, One-NDS und HLR/HSS: in particular commissioning, integration and customer acceptance of new versions.
Wienerroither, Joerg: Project management, process-related consulting, outsourcing of software development, SDM, management systems